Print Previous articleWATCH: Niall O’Carroll to join SL team with sports psychology insightsNext articleLimerick Soviet highlighted role of workers in War of Independence Cian Reinhardthttp://www.limerickpost.ieJournalist & Digital Media Coordinator. Covering human interest and social issues as well as creating digital content to accompany news stories. [email protected] WhatsApp NewsHealthUniversity Hospital Limerick worst-affected for overcrowding in AprilBy Cian Reinhardt – May 1, 2019 833 Email Twitter Facebook Linkedin Advertisement INMO general secretary Phil Ni Sheaghdha said, “This is the second month in 2019 where over 10,000 patients have been forced to wait without a bed. The crisis is without question worsening. Overcrowding hits two main groups directly: those who depend on public health services and those who work in them, providing the safest care they can in these conditions.“We started the trolley count over a decade ago because of unacceptable overcrowding. The problem has more than doubled since then.” University Hospital LimerickUNIVERSITY Hospital Limerick was the worst affected hospital for overcrowding in what was worst April on record.Of the 10,229 admitted patients nationally that were forced to wait without hospital beds in April 2019, 1,206 were recorded in University Hospital Limerick according to a new monthly analysis by the INMO.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up This is the highest ever number of patients on trolleys in April, an 8 per cent increase on April last year and a 125 per cent increase on April 2006, when figures began.Among the 10,229 patients were 106 children.The worst-affected hospitals last month were:University Hospital Limerick: 1,206 patientsCork University Hospital: 826 patientsUniversity Hospital Galway: 683 patientsSouth Tipperary General Hospital: 623 patientsTallaght University Hospital: 566 patients
Previous Article Next Article Comments are closed. Equal e-learning for the disabledOn 1 Feb 2003 in Personnel Today NETg is claiming to be the first company to enhance its complete IT anddesktop e-learning courses to ensure that workers with disabilities have equallearning and development opportunities. The Thomson Learning Company recently hosted a roundtable event at whichrepresentatives from the disability, training and learning sectors unanimouslyagreed that many UK companies are unaware how to address the issue ofaccessibility when implementing learning programmes for the disabled. “Many organisations believe there are huge cost and time implicationsinvolved in introducing accessible learning solutions – something which doesn’thave to be the case,” says Richard Orme, head of technology in learningand employment at the Royal National Institute of the Blind. “Unfortunately, this fear means that accessibility is quickly thrownout of the window. The result? The wrong learning solutions are in place forthe wrong people, which not only ends in disabled workers being at adisadvantage, but all workers.” Organisations don’t have to buy separate NETg courses for disabled usersbecause the accessibility functionality is built into every course and can besimply switched on. NETg worked with TecAccess, a technology companyspecialising in accessibility for the disabled, and the functionality ispresent on a range of its IT and desktop programmes ranging from MicrosoftOffice applications to C++ programming courses. “Many UK companies are neglecting the training requirements of theirdisabled staff. This is leading to many workers not reaching their fullpotential,” says Jon Buttriss, operations and services director at NETg. “As we have shown with our courses, UK plcs shouldn’t be ignoring theneeds of disabled workers, but neither should they be making a special case forit. All learners should be able to use the same course and enjoy the sameresults regardless of any disability.” NETg has partnered with Safari Books Online to provide an electronic referencelibrary to supplement its portfolio of courses. www.netg.com Related posts:No related photos.
Henry had hinted during a recent interview with French newspaper L’Equipe he could be interested in a future coaching role with the Gunners, and Wenger insisted on Tuesday that Henry’s return is a certainty when asked about a reunion with the former France striker. “He is an Arsenal man. The best moment certainly of his life and of his career has been experienced here,” Wenger said at a press conference ahead of Arsenal’s Barclays Premier League encounter against Southampton on Wednesday. “Certainly one day he will come back here. In what role I don’t know, that is what he has to think about: what direction he wants to give to his next life.” Henry joined the Red Bulls in 2010 following a successful playing career in Europe, where he was an integral part of Arsenal’s ‘Invincibles’ side and also went on to win the 2009 Champions League with Barcelona. The 37-year-old, a member of Les Bleus’ 1998 World Cup-winning squad, revealed he would now ”take the next few weeks to reflect” before deciding on his next career move after the Red Bulls’ MLS Cup campaign ended with a 4-3 aggregate defeat to rivals the New England Revolution in the Eastern Conference Championship play-off. Monday’s statement from Henry read: ”I am taking this opportunity to announce that unfortunately Saturday was my last game for the New York Red Bulls. ”The decision has always been that I would leave after the duration of my contract and although that was never going to change, I didn’t want it to distract from the progress of the team. ”I have immensely enjoyed my four-and-a-half years here and would like to thank everyone involved with this club who has made my time here so enjoyable. Henry confirmed on Monday that he will leave the New York Red Bulls after four-and-a-half years with the Major League Soccer franchise, prompting speculation that a return to Arsenal could be in the offing. The Gunners’ all-time record goal scorer has retained close links with the club since leaving for Barcelona in 2007 and trained at their Hertfordshire base before a brief loan spell during January 2012. ”Thanks must go particularly to Erik Soler, Hans Backe, Gerard Houllier, Andy Roxburgh, Mike Petke, all my team-mates, the technical staff, medical staff, all the personnel who work for the Red Bull organisation, the MLS and of course the owner Mr (Dietrich) Mateschitz, whose vision and passion brought me to this wonderful city. ”A special mention must go to the Red Bull fans who have supported this team through the good, the bad and the ugly times in the sun, rain and snow. You guys have really meant a lot to me and thank you for all your wonderful support. ”I will now take the next few weeks to reflect and decide on the next chapter of my career.” Wenger feels Henry could make a successful transition into the dugout. He said: “Thierry has all the qualities because he is intelligent, committed, he loves the game. He just has to think, ‘Do I want to sacrifice all the rest of my life to be involved in that job?'” Theoretically Arsenal could sign Henry as a free agent. Wenger believes Henry has the capability to play at the required level still, but remains uncertain if he would want to. “Yes (he can still do a job as a player), but 37 today in the Premier League… I don’t think he wants to do that again. “Thierry has given a lot, he has come out (of the Premier League) with an image that is fantastic. I am not sure that he wants to play again in the Premier League.” Asked by Press Association Sport how he would react if Henry was to call him and ask to come back to the squad, Wenger said: “I don’t think he wants to carry on. That is a virtual world.” Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Thierry Henry will “certainly” return to the club in some capacity in the future. Press Association