• Home
  • Tag: 苏州哪里有新茶

Northridge Earthquake Anniversary Prompts Reminders for Pasadena Residents

first_img More Cool Stuff Make a comment Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy This week marks the 23rd anniversary of the 1994 Northridge earthquake — the magnitude-6.7 shaker that caused widespread damage to freeways, office buildings and homes.The cost to rebuild or repair homes has increased by about 170 percent over the past two decades, and authorities estimate that if the Northridge quake occurred today residential damage in the area could be as high as $79 million.“As we commemorate the devastation from 23 years ago, we also need to listen to what is forecast for the future,” California Earthquake Authority (CEA) CEO Glenn Pomeroy said. “The U.S. Geological Survey says there is a 93 percent chance of a magnitude-7.0 earthquake occurring in California in the next 30 years—a massive quake that would be three times as strong as the Northridge catastrophe.“With major earthquakes occurring across the globe, there is a growing sense that our time is coming,” Pomeroy said. “Fortunately, a growing number of Californians are becoming financially prepared for the next big earthquake by taking out an earthquake insurance policy.”In 2016, CEA began offering more coverage choices and deductible options, and larger discounts for retrofitting older houses. Since it was established in 1996, CEA has lowered its rates by more than 55 percent. CEA grew by over 50,000 policyholders last year, a growth rate seven times higher than average over the previous 10 years.“More Californians are becoming aware of the earthquake risk we all face and are taking steps to become financially prepared,” Pomeroy said.Homeowners insurance does not cover damage caused by earthquake shaking. Without a separate earthquake insurance policy, Californians bear the cost to repair or replace alone.“The anniversary of the Northridge earthquake should remind us all that devastating earthquakes have happened in our beautiful state, and they will happen again,” Pomeroy said. “We don’t need to live in fear of the next big earthquake, or the expensive damage it will cause, but we do need to be prepared.”About CEAThe California Earthquake Authority (CEA) is a not-for-profit, privately funded, publicly managed organization that provides residential earthquake insurance and encourages Californians to reduce their risk of earthquake loss. Learn more at www.EarthquakeAuthority.com. Subscribe Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Community News HerbeautyThe Real Truth About The Pain Caused By MicrobladingHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty8 Easy Exotic Meals Anyone Can MakeHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Strong Female TV Characters Who Deserve To Have A SpinoffHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyTop Important Things You Never Knew About MicrobladingHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeauty Business: Retail News Northridge Earthquake Anniversary Prompts Reminders for Pasadena Residents Costs to rebuild damaged houses are soaring—so is the value of earthquake insurance From STAFF REPORTS Published on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 | 11:21 amcenter_img Top of the News faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Business News Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. 12 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Community News First Heatwave Expected Next Week Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadenalast_img read more

#VIDEO Inquest hears that baby’s death was avoidable

first_img Previous articleBasketball Ireland: National Cup Round-UpNext articleKicking out the Jams with Bressie’s Urban Dreamers Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie by Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up THE LIMERICK doctor who treated a woman who lost her baby has said that the infant would have been born alive if the mother was kept in hospital.Consultant Gynacologist Dr Mark Skehan told Limerick Coroner’s Court that he saw expectant mother Amy Delahunt a month before her baby died. Both mother and baby were doing well “and nothing was expected to go wrong”.Ms Delahunt (34) from Borrisoleigh Co Tipperary, wept as she recounted the events leading up to the stillborn birth of her daughter Mary Kate Kelly at the Maternity Hospital in Limerick, on May 28 2013.Before she started her evidence, Ms Delahunt asked if she could pass around a photo of Mary Kate “so everyone knows why we are here”.Ms Delahunt was a patient with consultant gynacologist Dr Mark Skehan in Limerick but on May 21, 2013, she was working in Portlaoise when she sought help regarding her concerns over her baby’s reduction in activity in the womb.She learned of four previous infant deaths at the same hospital in Portlaoise after watching a Prime Time investigation programme.Ms Delahunt told the inquest how she and her partner Oliver Kelly had been trying for many years to start a family and were overjoyed when they finally conceived with the help of fertility treatment.The pregnancy continued as normal until 34 weeks, when Ms Delahunt became concerned about lack of foetal movement. Dr Skehan said that he had seen Ms Delahunt one month earlier and all was well and “nothing was expected to go wrong”.On May 21, 2013, she went to the Maternity Assessment Unit (MAU) in Portlaoise hospital, five minutes from the school where she works as a secondary teacher as she was worried about her baby.She was monitored on CTG, a cardio monitor which gives a trace or graph of the baby’s foetal movements and an ultrasound was carried out.Registered midwife Sally Hanford told the inquest how she aired her concerns to the on-call Registrar Dr Chuck Ugezu about three unprovoked decelerations in the baby’s heart rate as picked up in Ms Delahunt’s CTG trace.Dr Ugezu said it was unnecessary to repeat the trace which he said was normal for this period of pregnancy and he performed an ultrasound scan which he said was fine.Ms Hanford said she told Dr Ugezu that he could not stand over the trace and they needed to contact consultant obstetrician Dr Miriam Doyle who was on duty in the maternity ward to review the trace.Ms Delahunt was subsequently discharged and told to keep a check of foetal movements overnight, ahead of her scheduled anti natal appointment in Limerick, the following morning.When she went for the appointment, she was told by midwives in Limerick that they could find not find a heartbeat on the scan, and that’s when she knew her baby girl was gone.“I just wanted them to deliver the baby straight away. I didn’t want to be carrying around a baby bump with a dead baby inside and people thinking I was going to have a healthy baby.”She had to wait six more days before she finally gave birth to baby Mary Kate.Dr Chuck Ugezu, a former registrar at The Midland Regional Hospital in Portlaoise, apologised for the “understandable upset caused”. He also acknowledged he should have insisted she be admitted on the day she presented at Portlaoise, for further observations and for steroid injections and further CTG traces.Consultant Obstetrician Dr Miriam Doyle said she had no recollection of Ms Delahunt on May 21,  2013 or speaking to midwife Hanford about her case. She said that Ms Delahunt should have been admitted.She also agreed that if she had been kept in hospital, the baby would have born been alive, although it was uncertain how healthy.During the second day of evidence, Dr Skehan said he agreed that Amy Delahunt should have been immediately admitted to Portlaoise hospital.Many of the staff in Limerick were in tears over the death of little Mary Kate and all they could do was “help the mother and try and get through the situation. It is terribly sad and quite difficult in the hospital when there is such an occurrence”.Pathologist, Dr Peter Kelehan, said the cause of death was uncertain but delayed maturation of the placenta, a lateral insertion and hyper coiling of the coil could have contributed.The jury returned a verdict medical misadventure and a number of recommendations were made including that HSE promote lifelong learning amongst medical staff; maternity medical staff should receive adequate and ongoing CTG trace training; the HSE national policy on open disclosure should be implemented in full; there should be clear written instructions on the escalation of care; that patients with non-reassuring CTG traces or with concerns over foetal movements should not be discharged from hospital unless done so by a consultant; expectant mothers discharged from hospital should be given clear written instructions on monitoring foetal movement and that the HSE should publish and be obliged to adhere to adequate staffing levels in all hospitals.Speaking afterwards, the parents of Mary Kate Kelly had these comments. NewsBreaking news#VIDEO Inquest hears that baby’s death was avoidableBy Staff Reporter – December 10, 2014 4502 Shannondoc operating but only by appointment WhatsApp Advertisement RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Print Email TAGSfeaturedfull-image center_img Twitter No vaccines in Limerick yet Linkedin Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended Facebook First Irish death from Coronavirus last_img read more

A ‘Paradigm Shift For The Better’ in Real Estate

first_img Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago December 21, 2020 1,439 Views 2020-12-21 Christina Hughes Babb Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago About Author: Christina Hughes Babb The COVID-19 crisis changed every aspect of American life. The property/financial-data analysts at CoreLogic examined how, specifically, the pandemic affected real estate and the housing economy in 2020 and how the industry’s response to sudden challenges is likely to shape the coming year.In its white paper entitled, “Modernizing the Housing Economy,” CoreLogic addressed the myriad ways the health crisis has been “a catalyst for change.””The pandemic is challenging the real estate, lending and insurance industries to set new standards on safely, as well as to effectively manage the property ecosystem—to think differently and embrace the disruption as an opportunity for change,” the authors said. “While many of the ripple effects of COVID-19 have been, and continue to be, devastating for so many, it has also demanded a paradigm shift for the better within the real estate, lending, and insurance spaces.”The authors go on to conclude that many technological advancements made in response to the crisis will be “permanent industry changes, ultimately reshaping the way the real estate ecosystem conducts business.”For example, national health guidelines related to COVID-19 made digital homebuying solutions essential.Video volume and 3D model usage were up 141% and 76% respectively compared to 2019, CoreLogic reported, and its own PropertyAssist has completed more than 10,000 virtual appraisals since April. Researchers say to expect these investments to continue to grow in 2021 with the resurgence of COVID-19 cases.CoreLogic’s study showed that, despite a blip in April, purchase mortgages in 2020 rose to their highest levels in 15 years—and purchase and refinancing originations are at the highest level ever. However, the researchers noted, with persistently high unemployment, serious delinquencies are expected to rise 4x by November 2021, which would account for more than 2 million homeowners falling into delinquency.”With the looming end to forbearance periods, we should see a continued investment in loan modification solutions,” noted the authors, who go on to detail challenges—including safely showing homes on the market, verifying employment and income (with so many working remotely), safely appraising homes, addressing “hidden” Homeowners Association (HOA) and Condo Owners Association (COA) liens, and insurance inspecting in a pandemic—and offer technological solutions through its new homebuying/selling tools. Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Share Save The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Related Articles Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago A ‘Paradigm Shift For The Better’ in Real Estate Sign up for DS News Daily Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago  Print This Post Subscribe Home / Daily Dose / A ‘Paradigm Shift For The Better’ in Real Estate Previous: Finding Ways to Communicate with Consumers Remotely Next: FHA Extends Foreclosure Moratorium, Expands Forbearance Options Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Market Studies, News The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Christina Hughes Babb is a reporter for DS News and MReport. A graduate of Southern Methodist University, she has been a reporter, editor, and publisher in the Dallas area for more than 15 years. During her 10 years at Advocate Media and Dallas Magazine, she published thousands of articles covering local politics, real estate, development, crime, the arts, entertainment, and human interest, among other topics. She has won two national Mayborn School of Journalism Ten Spurs awards for nonfiction, and has penned pieces for Texas Monthly, Salon.com, Dallas Observer, Edible, and the Dallas Morning News, among others. Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days agolast_img read more

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects to have ‘fully fit squad’ after international break

first_img Comment Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is currently without seven first team players (Picture: Getty)Manchester United caretaker boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes he will have a fully fit squad at his disposal by the end of the month.The Red Devils lost their first league game under the Norwegian in a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal on Sunday and were without seven first team players.The 46-year-old’s positive outlook means he’s rarely mentioned the club’s injury crisis but Solskjaer needs a fully fit squad to navigate through a busy April.United are likely to face up to eight games in 28 days during the month and Solskjaer says he hopes to have a full squad after the upcoming international break.ADVERTISEMENT Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects to have ‘fully fit squad’ after international break Metro Sport ReporterMonday 11 Mar 2019 2:14 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link830Shares Advertisement Advertisement Lingard and Sanchez are currently sidelined (Picture: Getty)Asked whether he’d now have to prioritise the Champions League or the Premier League, Solskajer replied: ‘No, we don’t have to choose with injuries we’ve had lately.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘That’s given us a great chance to give players playing time and game-time and they’re coming back maybe for Wolves but after the international break we’ve got a full squad fit.‘The ones who’ve come in when the regulars have been injured have done really well, so we’ll be ready for that.’More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorsUnited are currently without Juan Mata, Ander Herrera, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Phil Jones, Matteo Darmian and Antonio Valencia.Solskjaer’s side face Wolves in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup on Saturday and Herrera, Lingard and Mata could return given they trained on Friday.MORE: Raheem Sterling blasts his ‘degrading’ portrayal in the media based on ‘stereotypes of black people’last_img read more