• Home
  • Tag: 登录爱上海网

Jailed #Limerick driver suing over fatal accident he denies causing

first_imgNewsJailed #Limerick driver suing over fatal accident he denies causingBy Staff Reporter – April 21, 2016 1156 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email WhatsApp Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Advertisement Linkedin The previously jailed driver is suing the MIBI at the High Court in #LimerickA #LIMERICK man who was jailed for dangerous driving causing the death of a teenager almost ten years, is suing the Motor Insurance Bureau of Ireland (MIBI) for damages at the High Court as he argues the accident would not have happened if he wasn’t “violently rammed” from behind by the uninsured driver of a high powered BMW who fled the scene.Gearóid Cleary, of Ballinacurra Gardens, Limerick, was 25 when he was found guilty by a jury of dangerous driving causing the death of 19-year-old Emma Woodland on Mulgrave Street on September 9, 2006.During the criminal trial, it was the State’s case that although Latvian national Roman Andreas pleaded guilty to dangerously driving the BMW and causing the death of Ms Woodland, this did not exonerate Gearoid Cleary, who, they claimed, was also driving too fast on the night of the fatal accident.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Shortly before midnight on September 9, 2006, Mr Cleary’s Honda Integra was propelled into a Toyota Starlet carrying Ms Woodland and driving it into a wall some 40ft after impact.The Starlet was crossing the main road ahead of Mr Cleary who claimed that it would have crossed safely had he not been rear-ended by Roman Andreas.Ms Woodland who was a back-seat passenger in the Starlet died from head injuries she received in the collision.Roman Andreas fled the scene but was later identified and pleaded guilty to causing the death of Ms Woodland.Criminal lawyers for Mr Cleary argued that he was not responsible for the teenager’s death and that Ms Woodland died as a result of Roman Andreas rear-ending Mr Cleary at speed.The trial also heard that Roman Andreas was twice the legal alcohol limit and he was jailed for three years and later absconded to Eastern Europe.Mr Cleary, who contested the criminal case before a jury found him guilty, was sentenced to four years in prison. Both men were banned from driving for ten years.This Wednesday before Mr Justice Brian Cregan at the High Court in Limerick, Mr Cleary opened civil proceedings against the MIBI for what his counsel, Gerry Tynan SC, said were significant damages the Limerick man was entitled to.Mr Cleary is claiming that he was not the cause of the accident and should be compensated for the back injuries he suffered in the accident and for the ongoing “depression, shock and upset he has suffered to this day because of the loss of the life he has been blamed for”.Michael Gleeson SC, counsel for the MIBI, said the defence will argue that “racing” was a factor in the fatal collision but essentially the MIBI, has been left to “pick up the pieces” as Roman Andrew absconded.The case is expected to last three days and will hear evidence from expert witnesses including Garda PSV forensic collision investigator, Mike Reddy, who attended the scene in 2006. Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live center_img Twitter TAGSfeaturedGearoid Clearyhigh courtlimerickMIBIsuing for compensation Facebook Previous articleDemocracy celebrated at Limerick Spring FestivalNext articleGrandparents to be immortalised Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clashlast_img read more

Massachusetts AG Assists Homeowners Who Benefited from Settlement Over Unlawful Foreclosures

first_img About Author: Brian Honea Sign up for DS News Daily Massachusetts AG Assists Homeowners Who Benefited from Settlement Over Unlawful Foreclosures Related Articles March 31, 2015 812 Views Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Share Save Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago  Print This Post Home / Daily Dose / Massachusetts AG Assists Homeowners Who Benefited from Settlement Over Unlawful Foreclosures The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Previous: Legal Technicalities May Let Defaulting Borrowers Keep Their Homes Without Paying Next: Former Fannie Mae CEO Testifies in FHFA v. Nomura Trial in Daily Dose, Featured, Foreclosure, News The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days agocenter_img The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Brian Honea’s writing and editing career spans nearly two decades across many forms of media. He served as sports editor for two suburban newspaper chains in the DFW area and has freelanced for such publications as the Yahoo! Contributor Network, Dallas Home Improvement magazine, and the Dallas Morning News. He has written four non-fiction sports books, the latest of which, The Life of Coach Chuck Curtis, was published by the TCU Press in December 2014. A lifelong Texan, Brian received his master’s degree from Amberton University in Garland. Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Tagged with: Massachusetts Massachusetts Attorney General Settlements Unlawful Foreclosures Massachusetts Massachusetts Attorney General Settlements Unlawful Foreclosures 2015-03-31 Brian Honea Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago The office of Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey has launched a website to assist homeowners who benefited from a $2.7 million settlement with four national banks to resolve claims of unlawful foreclosures in the state, according to an announcement from Healey’s office.The website will provide assistance to eligible homeowners who are looking to start anew by clearing property titles, thus allowing them to either refinance or sell their properties.”Through this settlement we are empowering residents who may have been unable to refinance their mortgage loans or sell their properties because of these unlawful foreclosures,” Healey said. “This website enables consumers to file online complaints and have their title issues reviewed by the banks in a single process.”The settlement was reached between four banks (Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Citi, and Wells Fargo) and the AG in January 2015 in Suffolk Superior Court to resolve claims that the banks lacked legal authority to foreclosure on homes when they did not own the mortgages on those homes. Under Massachusetts law, the bank or foreclosing party must either be the mortgage holder on record or hold the mortgage through valid assignment prior to publishing the notice of foreclosure sale.As part of the settlement, the four banks agreed to pay a combined $2.7 million to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Of that money, $700,000 was allocated to the AG’s Local Consumer Aid Fund, and the remaining $2 million was paid to the Commonwealth’s General Fund. The banks also agreed to provide non-monetary assistance to help borrowers resolve their title defects that resulted from improper foreclosures conducted after December 1, 2007. The bank will review each complaint and determine if the title defect resulted from a void foreclosure, and if so, the bank will provide the documentation to facilitate the clearing of the title so that the homeowner may either pursue refinancing or sell the property.GMAC Mortgage, which filed for bankruptcy in 2012, was named as one of the defendants in the case; the AG’s office is continuing to negotiate a settlement with them, according to Healey’s announcement. Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Subscribelast_img read more

Ireland quality thrills O’Connell

first_img O’Connell racked up his 99th Ireland cap in Sunday’s one-sided victory, the hosts taking control despite the Munster talisman rating Lancaster’s England even more highly than the 2003 World Cup-winning team. O’Connell said once again that he has not yet made a decision on when exactly he will call his Test career quits. The 35-year-old said he will make that decision around the time of the autumn’s World Cup, so that tournament could prove his Test swansong. Admitting he may already have played his last Six Nations match in Dublin, O’Connell said: “It could have been but I don’t know yet, I’m undecided. “I’ll probably make the decision soon enough, I really want to play to the World Cup and be in the best shape I can there and see after that. “That probably was my last Six Nations game against England in Dublin: there’s no point kidding myself too much. “I’m not trying to make a big deal by not saying anything, I just genuinely haven’t decided what to do yet. “I’m really enjoying playing at the moment in the set-up we have in Ireland, but I’m conscious we have a lot of good second-rows coming through as well. “The World Cup is a big focus for me to try to go there and be in the best shape I can, and around then will be decision-time for me.” Boss Schmidt has guided Ireland from ninth to third in the world rankings and victory over England leaves only New Zealand to beat for the Kiwi to run the full win card against major Test powers. The former Clermont and Leinster coach admitted he is still not ready to talk openly about a Grand Salm tilt, despite the reigning champions now being odds-on to retain their title. “No, I’ll wait for Brian O’Driscoll’s tweet to put the pressure on me,” said Schmidt of discussing the Grand Slam. Now-retired record caps holder O’Driscoll tweeted that Ireland could be on for a Grand Slam following the 18-11 victory over France. Schmidt continues to take any backing of his side with a pinch of salt, despite England becoming the latest to fall foul of Ireland’s tactical mastery. Schmidt confirmed fly-half Jonny Sexton suffered a hamstring tweak while Sean O’Brien was removed due to concussion. Both are likely to be fit to face Wales in Cardiff on Saturday, March 14. “I think we’ve decided we’ll park everything for 24 hours, get a bit of recovery and then try to springboard ourselves forward,” said Schmidt. “At this stage, probably for once we’re going to just enjoy the moment and take a deep breath. “Control’s fickle: it’s nice to be in this position in the tournament, without a doubt. “Even our points-differential is very much aided by the 10-point swing today, because it’s a 20-point swing with England, which is potentially pretty important because they’ve got two home games and could accumulate a few points. “But they could also put a bit of pressure on in that perspective if we do slip up in either of the next two games. “Grand Slams don’t happen that often, it’s pretty hard to get them. “And it’s going to be very hard in the Millennium, Wales have got themselves back into the Championship and the last time they won the Championship, they lost their first game at home and went through to win the tournament. “So they are no doubt eyeing up something similar this year.” Paul O’Connell believes Ireland could be building the best Test side of his lengthy career as Joe Schmidt’s men start to home in on an RBS 6 Nations Grand Slam. Press Association Captain O’Connell has admitted head coach Schmidt could forge a side to surpass even the achievements of the 2009 Grand Slam-winning side that contained greats like Brian O’Driscoll and Gordon D’Arcy. “Yeah, it’s close to it,” said O’Connell when asked if Ireland now boast the best side of his career. “I think we’re doing a lot of things really well. “The way we’re preparing is a lot different from what we’ve done in the past in my time here. “I just think the game-by-game focus suits Irish teams and Irish people. “I’m sure the coaches look at the bigger picture but for us, there will be a fairly brutal review of this game and we’ll be put under pressure then to prepare certain things for Wales, and that will be the sole focus of the players. “And it works well for us, it gets the best out of us. “It’s creating a brilliant set-up and an exciting set-up to be involved in.” Ireland suffocated England into 19-9 submission in Dublin on Sunday, teeing up a serious tilt at a first Six Nations clean sweep in six years. O’Connell’s side equalled Ireland’s Test record of 10 consecutive victories in sweeping past Stuart Lancaster’s England, with Robbie Henshaw claiming his first international try. last_img read more

Irish in action at the World Championship

first_imgCiara Doogan from Donegal is first of the Irish in action in the Women’s Junior event over 65 kilometres starting at 3 o’clock our time.Later this evening Cork’s Eddie Dunbar will also be our sole representative in the Men’s Under 23 race which covers 162 kilometres.Michael O Loughlin will hope to make up for his disappointment in the time trial when he takes to the road race tomorrow. The Carrick rider was hit with mechanical problems during the time trial.last_img

BiH Junior handball team defeated team of Tuzla Canton

first_imgBiH Junior handball team defeated team of Tuzla Canton in a test match defeated team of Tuzla Canton with 31:28.    The match was played in Mejdan hall, with 200 spectators, and Alija Hasić and Vladimir Jović said goodbye to their referee career.Junior team of BiH had three trainings in Mejdan as a part of preparations for the World Cup.The most efficient players were Elmir Građan, Enes Skopljak and Muhamed Zulfić; they all scored four goals each.Manager of BiH senior team Dragan Marković, director of BIH team Mirza Muzurović, former captains of BiH team Enid Tahirović and Senjanin Maglajlija watched the match from the audience.last_img read more

Neymar lifts PSG past Toulouse ahead of Real trip

first_imgParis, France | AFP | Neymar scored the only goal as Paris Saint-Germain ground out a 1-0 victory at Toulouse on Saturday in their final tune-up for next week’s Champions League showdown against holders Real Madrid.The runaway French league leaders stretched their advantage over Marseille to 13 points courtesy of Neymar’s 19th Ligue 1 goal of the season midway through the second half in Toulouse.Unai Emery’s team will now turn their focus to Wednesday’s first leg of their heavyweight last-16 tie against Cristiano Ronaldo’s faltering Real in the Spanish capital.Emery confirmed after the game that defensive midfielder Thiago Motta would not be fit in time to face the reigning European champions.“I think we’re ready for Real. We have a 50 percent chance, like Real,” Marco Verratti, who was rested against Toulouse, told Canal+.“I don’t know who the coach will choose to play in defensive midfield. Lass (Diarra) has great experience, he’s played against some big teams in his career, while Giovani (Lo Celso) is improving.”Neymar returned to the PSG line-up after sitting out Tuesday’s French Cup win over Sochaux, but Edinson Cavani, the league’s leading scorer with 21 goals this term, missed the trip south with a hip complaint. Presnel Kimpembe, filling in for Silva in central defence, forced 19-year-old Toulouse goalkeeper Alban Lafont into a terrific early save from point-blank range after latching onto a low cross from Neymar.Former Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo also threatened for Toulouse as Alphonse Areola parried his diving header following a left-wing cross by Max Gradel who had escaped beyond Dani Alves.But the first half was largely played in the Toulouse half, with Lafont producing an excellent fingertip save to deny Kylian Mbappe and then sticking out his right boot to keep out Neymar.The home keeper was almost caught out by an Angel Di Maria corner just before the break but was relieved to see the ball smack against the crossbar and away to safety.– Cruel deflection –PSG again went close 10 minutes into the second half when Neymar screwed a shot across goal that rolled agonisingly out of the reach of a lunging Di Maria at the far post.But Neymar delivered the breakthrough on 68 minutes when he gathered Di Maria’s crossfield ball, twisted his way past Steeve Yago, and fired in a shot that took a wicked deflection off Issa Diop to beat Lafont.Only the woodwork prevented the Brazilian from adding to his tally, as Neymar planted an effort against the base of the post before curling a sublime 25-yard shot against the bar.Julian Draxler, who came off the bench in place of Di Maria, was thwarted by the legs of an inspired Lafont late on as the Germany international sought to kill the game off in the closing minutes.Monaco can climb to second later on Saturday with victory away to Angers, although the champions will be without the injured Radamel Falcao as well as the suspended Keita Balde.Lyon will attempt to snap a run of back-to-back league defeats at home to Rennes on Sunday, while Marseille lost keeper Steve Mandanda to injury during Friday’s 2-2 draw at Saint-Etienne.The France international is expected to be sidelined for two to three weeks after hurting his hamstring and faces a race against time to recover for the league and French Cup double-header with PSG at the end of the monthShare on: WhatsApp Lassana Diarra came in for his first start in the league, while Emery elected to also rest captain Thiago Silva ahead of the visit to the Bernabeu.last_img read more

Crane Dredges Slough from Pier

first_imgFacebook10Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by Port of OlympiaThe crane at the Port of Olympia pier is working on a follow-up dredge required by the Army Corps of Engineers’ permit for the maintenance dredge completed last year.With this follow-up dredge pass, the Port is removing sediment that has sloughed from under the pier since the maintenance dredge and capping the area with a clean sand cover.The purpose of the maintenance dredge was to restore the depth levels that help ensure safe operations at the pier. Both dredges also remove legacy pollution from the area.Washington Department of Ecology oversees aspects of the projects and approves the sites for disposal. The current dredged material will be taken to a landfill in Oregon. The 2014 dredge material was disposed of at a facility near Castle Rock.Orion Marine Contractors, Inc. is the contractor for both the maintenance dredge and the current follow-up dredge.The current project’s total costs, including planning, permitting, construction and construction management, are estimated at $1,006,120.  Substantial completion is anticipated in February.last_img read more