• Home
  • Tag: 嘉兴夜尚优技师图

Jailed #Limerick driver suing over fatal accident he denies causing

first_imgNewsJailed #Limerick driver suing over fatal accident he denies causingBy Staff Reporter – April 21, 2016 1156 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email WhatsApp Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Advertisement Linkedin The previously jailed driver is suing the MIBI at the High Court in #LimerickA #LIMERICK man who was jailed for dangerous driving causing the death of a teenager almost ten years, is suing the Motor Insurance Bureau of Ireland (MIBI) for damages at the High Court as he argues the accident would not have happened if he wasn’t “violently rammed” from behind by the uninsured driver of a high powered BMW who fled the scene.Gearóid Cleary, of Ballinacurra Gardens, Limerick, was 25 when he was found guilty by a jury of dangerous driving causing the death of 19-year-old Emma Woodland on Mulgrave Street on September 9, 2006.During the criminal trial, it was the State’s case that although Latvian national Roman Andreas pleaded guilty to dangerously driving the BMW and causing the death of Ms Woodland, this did not exonerate Gearoid Cleary, who, they claimed, was also driving too fast on the night of the fatal accident.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Shortly before midnight on September 9, 2006, Mr Cleary’s Honda Integra was propelled into a Toyota Starlet carrying Ms Woodland and driving it into a wall some 40ft after impact.The Starlet was crossing the main road ahead of Mr Cleary who claimed that it would have crossed safely had he not been rear-ended by Roman Andreas.Ms Woodland who was a back-seat passenger in the Starlet died from head injuries she received in the collision.Roman Andreas fled the scene but was later identified and pleaded guilty to causing the death of Ms Woodland.Criminal lawyers for Mr Cleary argued that he was not responsible for the teenager’s death and that Ms Woodland died as a result of Roman Andreas rear-ending Mr Cleary at speed.The trial also heard that Roman Andreas was twice the legal alcohol limit and he was jailed for three years and later absconded to Eastern Europe.Mr Cleary, who contested the criminal case before a jury found him guilty, was sentenced to four years in prison. Both men were banned from driving for ten years.This Wednesday before Mr Justice Brian Cregan at the High Court in Limerick, Mr Cleary opened civil proceedings against the MIBI for what his counsel, Gerry Tynan SC, said were significant damages the Limerick man was entitled to.Mr Cleary is claiming that he was not the cause of the accident and should be compensated for the back injuries he suffered in the accident and for the ongoing “depression, shock and upset he has suffered to this day because of the loss of the life he has been blamed for”.Michael Gleeson SC, counsel for the MIBI, said the defence will argue that “racing” was a factor in the fatal collision but essentially the MIBI, has been left to “pick up the pieces” as Roman Andrew absconded.The case is expected to last three days and will hear evidence from expert witnesses including Garda PSV forensic collision investigator, Mike Reddy, who attended the scene in 2006. Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live center_img Twitter TAGSfeaturedGearoid Clearyhigh courtlimerickMIBIsuing for compensation Facebook Previous articleDemocracy celebrated at Limerick Spring FestivalNext articleGrandparents to be immortalised Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clashlast_img read more

Women’s soccer captures 11th Ivy League Championship

first_imgCapturing its 11th Ivy League title, and fourth over the past six years, Harvard women’s soccer beat Dartmouth, 2-1, on Saturday afternoon at Soldiers Field Soccer Stadium. Fittingly, senior co-captain Peyton Johnson recorded the game-winning goal for the Crimson.The Crimson (11-3-2, 6-0) remain unbeaten over the past 13 games, dating back to Sept. 11. The 13-match unbeaten streak matches the longest since 1999. Harvard punches its ticket to the NCAA Championship, its 13th appearance in program history. The Crimson will find out their fate when the NCAA selection show airs on Nov. 11 at 4:30 p.m.To read the full story, visit gocrimson.com.last_img read more

Inter boss Conte expecting more from ‘shy’ Eriksen

first_img Promoted Content14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now12 Actors Who Can Only Play Bad Guys7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo6 Great Ancient Mysteries That Make China Worth Visiting7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone7 Inventions Created To Start Saving The WorldPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?12 Iconic Actors Whose Careers Were Stunted By A Single Movie FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Alexis Sanchez stole the show against SPAL by setting up Antonio Candreva for the opener, playing a part in Cristiano Biraghi’s strike and then heading in the third before Roberto Gagliardini rounded things off.The Chile forward is set to return to Manchester United when his loan spell expires at the end of the elongated campaign but Conte is delighted with the impact he has made.“Alexis is a player we wanted strongly – he has important characteristics,” Conte said. “He came from two bad seasons at United but I knew what kind of player we were taking.“It’s a loan deal and United are paying a good part of his salary. Now he is starting to feel good.“For now he is a player who has rediscovered his form and wants to play. He is hungry and I am happy for him because he has suffered. He is certainly an extra weapon for us.”Back-to-back wins for Inter in the space of four days, combined with three games without a win for Juventus, lifts them up to second and within six points of top spot.Conte is glad that his side are starting to show some consistency but acknowledges the title is still Juve’s to lose as they boast a six-point lead with five games to go.“The important thing for us was to send a signal of our consistency, our belief, hunger and determination, because these games on paper might seem easy, but we know there’s nothing easy,” Conte said at his post-match news conference.“SPAL were tough opponents and kept going. We wanted to secure a Champions League spot, position ourselves in second place again and get closer to those ahead of us, even if they are still a long way away.“I think the signals sent by the team are ones of mental strength, even if we had a few hiccups along the way and paid a heavy price for them. Eriksen has struggled for form since the three-month hiatus and there have been suggestions he could be sold at the end of the season, six months after joining from Tottenham.But while Conte believes the 28-year-old can still develop his game in some areas, he is happy with the improvements already made since arriving in January.“Christian is working, he’s trying to get into the mechanisms of the team and of a league that is much more tactical than in England,” Conte told DAZN.“He’s a player with quality who is trying to improve, to be more aggressive when in pressing, which is what we are asking of him.“I’m pleased for him, but he has to keep working, just like the others. He is quite a shy lad who is settling into a new reality, a new type of football.“He’s a really good guy and didn’t arrive with any arrogance. At the same time, he must understand shyness is fine off the field.“But he has to adapt and understand certain situations. He creates no problems, he wants to achieve important things with Inter.” Read Also: Messi: Real Madrid deserved La Liga title“The championship is certainly in the hands of Juventus. We must try to continue to do well and improve, to think about only us.“Now we have a difficult game against Roma and we have little time to recover. If we want to put pressure on those in front we will have to win.” Antonio Conte is “pleased” for Christian Eriksen but admits he wants to see more from the playmaker once he fully settles into life at Inter.The Denmark international returned to Inter’s starting line-up for Thursday’s 4-0 win over bottom side SPAL after being brought on as a late substitute in their last two matches. Loading… last_img read more