More than two weeks after the deadly pirate attacks in Surinamese waters, fishing vessels have resumed their operations, on Saturday afternoon.Fishermen and fishing boat owners suspended their operations in light of the attacks, which left four dead and 11 still missing. Five men survived the attacks which occurred in the Wia Wia Bank area.In the first incident, four boats were attacked; mere days later, another boat suffered the same fate.The green light was given for the trade to recommence as from Saturday. The high seas fishing trade in Suriname is carried out by Guyanese natives who operate out of Paramaribo.They have been promised protection by the Surinamese Coast Guard as well as the Guyanese lawmen.At noon on Saturday, several fishing boats left Port Paramaribo on the first fishing expedition since the deadly attacks.On Thursday last, the decomposed body of Gavin Outar was discovered at the Number 63 Beach, Corentyne. Outar was one of the fishermen killed during the recent attacks.He was reportedly working on the MV Shifanie, which is the same boat on which one of the four survivors, Sherwin Lovell was working. Danesh Persaud, also called “Vicky”, the captain of the boat, was the first fisherman to be discovered dead on the Wai Wai Bank. The MV Shifanie is believed to have been the last boat attacked. Outar was laid to rest on Sunday at the Stanleytown cemetery.
0Shares0000Alvaro Morata made his Chelsea debut against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.Photo/SKY SPORTSLONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 1 – Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has admitted that new signing Alvaro Morata still needs time to get his fitness levels up to the required standard.The striker completed his £65m move from Real Madrid on July 21 and has only trained with the Blues for a week. Conte believes the 24-year-old still needs work on his physicals to slot into the Chelsea lineup. Conte told The Sun: “Morata is just starting to train with us. He has to improve his condition a lot to adapt quickly into our team.“He is working well but it has been only five days. Today, he tried to do his best but for sure he has to improve.”The Spaniard may sit out Chelsea’s Community Shield fixture against Arsenal at Wembley on Sunday as he focuses on improving his conditioning. 0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
0Shares0000Liverpool’s head coach Jurgen Klopp is admitted to hospital LONDON, United Kingdom, Nov 15 – Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was admitted to hospital on Wednesday following a health scare.Media reports said Klopp had told Liverpool’s medical staff that he was feeling ill, and the 50-year-old German was urged to go to a hospital for further tests. “He is being assessed by doctors and will be absent from training on Wednesday as a result,” the club said in a statement.“There are currently no plans for Jurgen to remain in hospital beyond his appointment and he will therefore return home this evening; however, he may require further check-ups in the coming days.”Klopp’s full squad returned to Liverpool’s Melwood training ground from international duty on Wednesday ahead of Saturday’s home clash with Southampton but the players arrived with Klopp nowhere to be seen, as their coach had already been taken to hospital.Liverpool did not say whether the former Borussia Dortmund coach, who is scheduled to take part in a pre-match press conference on Friday, will return to training or if he will be on the Anfield bench on Saturday.Should Klopp be absent this weekend it will be the second game he has missed for Liverpool due to ill health. He was hospitalised with appendicitis ahead of the Reds’ 2-2 home draw with Sunderland in February 2016.0Shares0000(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)