• Home
  • Tag: 上海419龙凤

Non-compliant listed companies targeted

first_img16 May 2008The South African government is to embark on a drive within the next few weeks to ensure that companies listed on the JSE comply fully with employment equity legislation, with the offenders being taken to the Labour Court.Section 43 of the Employment Equity Act empowers the Director-General to assess compliance of an employer against the requirements of the legislation.“We will be conducting follow-ups with these companies in July and August to determine if they have complied with all the recommendations,” Labour Minister Membathisi Mdladlana told journalists in Cape Town this week.Mdladlana’s comments came against the backdrop of the department having reviewed six large employers in 2006 in terms of the review process. These firms were Kumba Resources, which is now called Exxaro, Comair, Omnia Group, Verimak, Medi-Clinic and Prism Holding.He pointed out that a further 60 listed companies would now be reviewed over the course of the 2008/09 financial year.Turning to skills development, he said more than 75 000 learners had benefited from the departmental skills programmes in the 2006/7 financial year, while a total of 54 900 learners were placed in different social development programmes over the same period.The department has also engaged in critical youth employment creation programmes through the Umsobomvu Youth Fund.Last year, the department took Comair Limited to court for breaching provisions of the Employment Equity Act.The department’s Director-General Vanguard Mkosana filed the application with the Johannesburg Labour Court after several warnings against the airline company.According to the application at that time, Comair has been found to be in breach of the following provisions of the Employment Equity Act under various sections.At that time, Comair was ordered to pay a fine of R900 000 as prescribed by schedule 1 of the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and to pay the costs of the application.Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

Gauteng motorists urged to ditch cars

first_img1 April 2014Cycling and walking are being promoted by the Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport as a viable alternative to motorised transport, helping to reduce congestion and create cleaner and sustainable cities.The Gauteng Transport Commission hosted a cycling indaba in Boksburg on Monday to discuss non-motorised transport infrastructure in the province’s municipalities.There are plans to distribute 3 000 bicycles to scholar transport and to create 5km of cycle lanes in Vosloorus (east of Johannesburg) and 10km in Kaalfontein (north of Johannesburg), Octavia Mamabolo, spokesperson for the Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport, said in a statement. This would help learners get to school safely and in reduced time.Mamabolo said the creation of a “dedicated network of high-quality pedestrian and cycling routes will promote social integration among city residents. Integrating cycling at public transport nodes by making cycling cool through awareness and mind-set change [would also help to promote integration].Integration“Amending relevant technical roads standards and planning requirements will also reduce road deaths, amounting to 40% of road fatalities, which occur at intersections and cost the public health system, police, traffic departments and third party claims to escalate.”The City of Joburg’s infrastructure roll-out programme includes the township of Alexandra in the north of Johannesburg by integrating walking, cycling and public transport.The plan is expected to improve the township’s pavements, and there will also be dedicated cycle paths and safe links to Rea Vaya Bus Rapid Transport system.Mamabolo said the department acknowledged the need to shift to “a new paradigm and policy approach for making non-motorised transport a mode of choice for short distances as well as for recreation.”SAinfo reporter and SAnews.govlast_img read more

Khadse hits out at Rane’s likely inclusion in Maharashtra Cabinet

first_imgEknath Khadse, senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader and former Revenue Minister, has hit out at the likely inclusion of Narayan Rane, former Congress leader from Konkan, in the Maharashtra Cabinet.The BJP leader from Jalgaon was speaking in Dhule on Tuesday at an event to release a Marathi book on the Emergency. Mr. Khadse lashed out at his party and Mr. Rane in the presence of BJP national vice-president Shyam Jaju. Mr. Khadse said, “Someone [referring to himself] who has devoted his entire life to the party to see it in power in Maharashtra is now on the outside, while people like Narayan Rane who have renounced their party are to be given Cabinet berths.”Mr. Khadse said, “Renegades like Rane have been promised prime positions in the party. It seems my role is being limited to that of an instructor. I am deliberately making these comments in the presence of Mr. Jaju.”Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had said on Monday that Mr. Rane would be soon inducted into the State Cabinet. Mr. Rane floated his own party, Maharashtra Swabhiman Paksh, after falling out with the Congress last month. Mr. Rane was Maharashtra Chief Minister in 1999 when he was with the Shiv Sena.In June 2016, Mr. Khadse was accused of abusing his position as Revenue Minister and indulging in murky land deals. He was forced to quit the Cabinet following allegations of impropriety in purchasing land belonging to the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation in Pune’s Bhosari area. The government later initiated a judicial inquiry against him. In April this year, the Maharashtra Anti-Corruption Bureau in compliance with the Bombay High Court’s directive lodged an FIR against Mr. KhadseCall on Khadse’s futureMeanwhile, current Revenue Minister Chandrakant Patil indicated that Mr. Rane may be inducted into the State Cabinet by December 11 following a reshuffle. Mr. Patil said in Pandharpur that Mr. Fadnavis and BJP national president Amit Shah would be soon taking a call on Mr. Khadse’s future in the party.last_img read more

Down 2 goals, Ceres-Negros completes jaw-dropping turnaround vs Persija Jakarta

first_imgBut just when it seemed like the Busmen were running out of ideas, coach Risto Vidakovic sent Tanton and Maher Karic on for OJ Porteria and Kevin Ingreso, which quickly changed the game for Ceres. Unfazed by the 35,000-strong crowd inside one of Asia’s most iconic stadiums, the Busmen walked away with another victory that kept their perfect record after four matches in Group G.The Busmen looked well-placed to top the group as they have opened up a five-point gap ahead of Becamex Binh Duong of Vietnam with two matches remaining. Another point in their next game against Shan United of Myanmar on May 1 could be enough to seal their place in the zonal semifinals.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsBut more than the victory, it was their relentless, never-say-die performance in 25 breathless minutes that once again reinforced their credentials as a favorite to repeat their Asean zonal title win two years ago.There was plenty of drama surrounding the match at the Indonesian capital hours before kickoff with Persija unable to get clearance from police to allow spectators into the stadium. View comments Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess MOST READ Balasabas survives TCC test, leads Invitational by a stroke Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated JAKARTA—Ceres-Negros rallied from two goals down in the second half to stun Persija Jakarta, 3-2, in one of the most astonishing comebacks in AFC Cup history late Tuesday night at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium here.Filipino international Mike Ott met Stephan Schrock’s teasing ball inside the six-yard box in the 92nd minute to complete the turnaround, after goals from Bienve Maranon and Miguel Tanton put the Busmen back on even terms.ADVERTISEMENT The country’s police force remains on high alert as the counting in the national elections in Southeast Asia’s most populous country is still ongoing.An hour before kickoff, that decision was reversed and Persija fans slowly filled up the lower tier of the 80,000-capacity stadium and were left stunned by the result that also dimmed their chances of making the knockout stage of the competition.Ceres keeper Roland Muller was tested early as he denied Brazilian striker Bruno Matos from the spot in the 21st minute after a foul by Super Herrera.But after ending the first half on the ascendancy, the Busmen’s sluggish start in the second half allowed the home side to take a two goal lead.Sandi Sute headed home an Ismed Sofyan free kick in the 49th minute, before Matos doubled the advantage eight minutes later with a clinical finish inside the area.ADVERTISEMENT Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew LATEST STORIES Duterte wants probe of SEA Games messlast_img read more

19 days agoBrighton midfielder Steven Alzate withdrawn from Colombia U23 squad

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Brighton midfielder Steven Alzate withdrawn from Colombia U23 squadby Paul Vegas19 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBrighton midfielder Steven Alzate has been withdrawn from international duty for Colombia.Colombia have agreed the versatile Alzate, who was called into their under-23 squad for two friendly matches against Peru in Lima, should remain with Albion for treatment on a minor injury.Alzate, who signed a new contract on Friday, came off in the 88th minute in the 3-0 win over Spurs yesterday. Alireza Jahanbakhsh is also out of Iran’s squad due to injury. last_img read more

Texas Rangers Twitter Account Tweets Out “Fire Charlie” During Longhorns Blowout Loss

first_imgTexas Rangers tweet Fire Charlie.Twitter/@Charlie_BurrisThe Texas Longhorns are in full meltdown mode. Following back-to-back awful losses due to special teams gaffes, the Longhorns are losing to TCU 50-7 late in the fourth quarter. During halftime, freshman cornerback Kris Boyd retweeted a message about transferring to Texas A&M, and now the Texas Rangers are jumping on the “Fire Charlie Strong” bandwagon. Or, at least one rogue social media manager is upset about the game, and was on the wrong Twitter account.Hey, what did I ever do to you @Rangers? pic.twitter.com/5OgWkUOVMi— Charlie Burris (@Charlie_Burris) October 3, 2015The tweet was deleted very quickly, but not before the internet captured it for all of eternity. There have been better college football Saturdays in Austin, that’s for sure.last_img read more

Ahead of Trudeau meeting Kenney calls assessment bill a threat to unity

first_imgOTTAWA – Alberta Premier Jason Kenney says if the federal bill overhauling environmental assessments passes in its current form it will threaten Canadian unity and there will be “an immediate constitutional challenge.” Kenney is at the Senate energy committee Thursday morning to talk about Bill C-69, which he calls the “no more pipelines” bill.He is telling the committee the bill flagrantly violates Alberta’s constitutional right to regulate its natural resources.Premier @jkenney says he believes his conversation with Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau will be polite but says he will warn the PM that national unity could be at risk if the federal pipeline/energy plan is implemented as is #cdnpoli pic.twitter.com/e1SBwCcf64— Cormac Mac Sweeney (@cmaconthehill) May 2, 2019The legislation establishes a new process for reviewing major projects with a national scope or in federal jurisdiction.The federal Liberals say it is needed to restore confidence in the assessment process and finally get big projects built, but critics say it gives too much political power to the federal cabinet.Thursday afternoon, Kenney is to meet face-to-face with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the political foe he attacked relentlessly in his successful bid to become Alberta’s premier.last_img read more

Dawson Creek RCMP looking for missing 49 year old

first_imgUPDATE – Dec 24, 2018 – The RCMP confirmed that the 49-year-old male reported missing has been located, and he is safe and sound. Thanks to the media and public for your assistance.DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – The Dawson Creek RCMP are requesting the public’s assistance in locating a missing Dawson Creek man.Kenneth Law, 49 years old, was reported missing to the Dawson Creek RCMP on December 11th, when he was last seen at the hospital. Law has had sporadic contact with family but has not revealed his location. The Dawson Creek RCMP are concerned about Law’s well being as he may require medication.LAW is described as:CaucasianSkinny buildThinning grey hair5’10Blue eyesLast seen wearing:Black toqueBlack jacketBlack sweatpantsWhite runnersBlack carry on suitcaseBlue backpackAnyone with information on Law’s location is requested to contact the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250-784-3700 or if you wish to remain anonymous please contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.last_img read more

Trudeau stresses balancing economy environment during brief Stampede visit

first_imgCALGARY — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the only way to get projects like the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion built is by finding compromise between growing the economy and protecting the environment.Trudeau was speaking at a reception for Liberal Party donors during the Calgary Stampede, where he had fewer public appearances than in past years.The prime minister took aim at his conservative opponents in his remarks to dozens of party faithful in a downtown Calgary cafe. He says these days a government can’t just dictate where a pipeline will be built like Canada’s first prime minister, John A. Macdonald, did for the railroad.Earlier in the day Trudeau greeted crowds and served pancakes at a community Stampede breakfast in the riding of Calgary’s only Liberal MP, Kent Hehr.There, university student Isabelle Reynolds confronted Trudeau over the treatment of Mi’kmaq opponents of a Nova Scotia natural gas project.Trudeau told her he had been listening to concerns over the project, but Reynolds told reporters afterward she was not satisfied with the prime minister’s response.A small group of yellow-vest-clad demonstrators held anti-Trudeau signs outside the donor event.The Canadian Presslast_img read more